9 Steps To Purchasing A Home
November 27, 2015 | Ross Stern
Buying a new home can be stressful. we can make it easy for you. Being familiar withthe process may make things more clear.
There are 9 steps to buying a new home:
- It all starts with getting pre-qualified and pre-approved for a mortgage. If you don’t know what you qualify for, you are simply wasting your time.
- This second step is easy, choose which Mangrove Realty agent to work with! All our agents are REALTORS® and are highly experienced in the local areas of South Florida.
- Start Your Search Here. Choose the city you want to live in, your price range, and see everything that is available to buy. We give full access to the MLS® on our site.
- Make An Offer – So we found a property you’d like to buy. This is when I will draft an offer for you and submit it to the Seller. If it’s accepted, expect that a closing will take place within 30-60 days later! If it’s not, we’ll negotiate with the Seller.
- The Negotiation Takes Place – When we submit the offer we may or may not receive a counter offer. We will likely receive a counter offer. Don’t worry, we will discuss it at that time and go over the options based on market conditions.
- Inspections & Appraisal – We always recommend having a professional inspection and appraisal done on the property.
- Finalize Financing – If you were prequalified it shouldn’t take too long. It is your responsibility to stay in close contact with your lender. I will handle any of the property information the lender needs to be able to close.
- Closing – This is the day when you will have to sign so many papers your hand is going to cramp! After the money has transferred you’ll get the keys to your new home.
- Move In – Congratulations! You can move into your new home. Make sure to take lots of pictures and share on social media and write a review. And don’t forget I always appreciate referrals!